An Ofsted inspection took place on the 11th-12 July at Tenbury High Ormiston Academy. We are absolutely delighted with the report which judged personal development, behaviour and welfare as outstanding and the school as good in all other areas. Overall school effectiveness is rated as Good.
Please click here to view a copy of the Ofsted report
Ofsted report highlights
- Teachers are knowledgeable about their subjects. They teach in an enlightening and enlivening manner.
- There is a highly positive climate for learning within the school.
- Caring and supportive staff bring out the best in pupils.
- The pupils thrive in a secure, calm and welcoming environment.
- Pupils’ personal development is outstanding.
- Pupils’ behaviour, conduct and attitudes are exemplary.
- Pupils are very well prepared for the next stage of their education and learning.
- Leaders, governors and staff are ambitious for the school and aim to achieve the best possible outcomes for pupils. They have established a culture of excellent relationships and respect between members of the school community.
- Teachers create an atmosphere in lessons that supports pupils to make good academic progress and outstanding personal development.
- The behaviour of pupils is outstanding.
Understanding a school inspection report
School inspection reports will have information such as:
- how well inspectors think the school is doing and what it could do to make things even better
- how well pupils are doing, both in their education and their overall well-being and personal development
- what parents and carers think about the school
- how up to date the school buildings are, including any boarding school living accommodation
- how any problems or complaints are dealt with
- how the school complies with rules and regulations.
The school inspection report often helps parents and carers decide if they want to send their child to the school. In particular it includes an overall score for how good a school is:
- grade 1 (outstanding)
- grade 2 (good)
- grade 3 (requires improvement)
- grade 4 (inadequate)
What is in the report and how long it is will depend on the type of inspection the school has received and if it is a maintained or independent school.
Source: Ofsted.gov.uk– 2013
Ofsted Inspection Resources
If you are reviewing our academy, please click the link below for all strategic reviewing and planning documents. You will also find practical information about our academy.
Ofsted Inspection Documents